Min Payira,
Do I know you?
I do. Yes I do.
I do know Payira, Apiyo and Olara
They were not molded from mud
Born they were.
Born like Ocheng and Otema.
We were born
By Min Payira
Who do you resemble?
I am afraid I don’t know
My own mother
I can’t reconstruct your face
How do you speak?
Again I’m afraid I don’t know
My own mother
I can’t remember your voice
Did you ever kiss my forehead?
Like I kiss your grandchildren?
Oh no!
My own mother!
That too I don’t remember
Min Payira.
The touch on my cheeks.
Was your palm soft?
Was it rough?
My own mother I don’t know.
I know nothing at all.
The pain,
The pain of not remembering your voice,
The pain of not remembering your face,
The pain of not remembering your Kiss,
The pain of not remembering your touch,
The pain of not remembering anything,
Anything about you,
I weep,
I sink,
I die.
Outside I smile,
I play,
I joke,
Inside I die.
Painfully I die
Several deaths
Min Payira.
Min Payira
Other than Bonny M
Would you have nicked named me
Kanda Bongo man,
Tonny Blair,
Christopher Hitchen,
Or like my uncles,
Your brothers,
Ocheng’s brothers
For my oversized earl lobes
Would you have called me Kapereke?
How will I know
Min Payira?
Di you love me?
Did you love us?
How much Min Payira?
Did you care about me?
Did you care about us?
Did you Min Payira?
Too late,
Too late you can’t answer me.
You can’t respond to my questions
Min Payira.
You are gone
You have been gone for thirty years now
Thirty years
Min Payira.
Min Payira
I am independent
Apiyo is independent
Olara is independent
But Min Payira,
What would be your experience
With us
When we are heart broken?
Would you cry with us?
Call the Ladies,
Gentlemen
And ask them to reconsider
Reconsider their decisions before
They make mistakes?
Would you tell them
Like Rema to Kenzo
Your children
Are not Mangoes?
Min Payira
Would you have told us to
Shop the crap out and date another woman
Another man
Min Payira?
I can only wish you were here
Min Payira.
I still don’t know
What you would have done
Min Payira.
Min Payira
I miss you
I never knew you
I never got the chance
You never gave us the chance
Would you have been
A monster in our lives
Min Payira?
Would you have been an Angle
Min Payira?
What would you have been
In our lives
Min Payira?
A mother?
Or Just a Mother
Min Payira?
Would you have believed in me,
Like a loving mother?
Would you have believed in Apiyo,
Like a businesswoman?
Would you have believed in Olara,
Like a friend
Min Payira?
Would you have supported me
Like a teacher?
Would you have supported Apiyo
Like Doctor?
Would you have supported Olara
Like a Politician
Min Payira?
Who knew Min Payira
Who ever met Min Payira?
Who were Min Payira’s
Friends?
Who has Min Payira’s
Photos?
Just the face
I only want
I want to know
If her granddaughters resemble her
I want to know which of her granddaughters speak like here
Walk like her and or
Smart like her.
Who has
Min Payira’s
Stories?
Nice write up 👍❤
ReplyDelete